Taking my new IPhone on a Mountain Bike Ride

Saturday afternoon I went for a bike ride with my new IPhone. The sun was shining when I left home.
The Swinging Jenny is one of my favorite and most popular bronze sculptures. Seeing it when I take off for a ride reminds me to smile and catch a little air.
















We have been having a lot of rain and are expecting a lot more over the next week. I has been great for the poison ivy as you can see the vicious vine swarming over the rock at right at the northern Peaked Hill lookout. In the far distance are the Gay Head Cliffs and Dogfish Bar. At 311 feet above sea level this is the highest point on the island of Martha's Vineyard. It is really nice that the Martha's Vineyard Land Bank (which means all of us) owns this place so that all of us can enjoy it. It would be nice if they could do something about the poison ivy since the rock is very inviting to climb on and I'm sure a lot of people have no idea that that nice lush vine is poisonous.

The other peak in the Peaked Hill land bank property is just a few feet lower, not counting the latest addition to it's height. The new tower is 100 feet high and topped with a 13-foot antennae.
You might think that this is a cell phone tower, but you would be wrong. the tower is part of Rescue 21, a nationwide maritime 911 system for coastal waters intended to replace outdated technology. So then you might think that since the tower is there and we have lousy cell phone coverage around here that in addition to the safety stuff the tower would be used for cell phones too. But Chilmark is way to pure for that...

Speaking of pure, the waters sure look that way, though I've stopped drinking out of streams years ago. It is just not worth the chance of picking up a parasite.


The gurgling stream may be good for the soul, but it also nice to replenish the body. Marianne was baking cookies when I left for my ride...


From the lowland stream it is up more hills to another Land Bank Property, the Middle Ridge Preserve off of Tea Lane. The view from there looks East South East over South Beach all the way to Edgartown.


















After going on through WASKOSIM’S ROCK RESERVATION I took the new trail easement to the MIDDLE LINE WOODS PRESERVE where the big rock was a bit too much for me: see the picture in the blog below.






No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...