Last day at Fine Art Casting foundry

Some Swinging Jennys on a "rock" base. There is something fun in
casting the rock base. What is reality after all? Now that I'm
thinking about it, all sorts of possibilities open up. The main
problem is that actualizing ideas generally takes time and money. I
have some time since my cancer seems to be growing pretty slowly. I
don't have much money, but I have built up a bunch of assets and was
smart enough to have gotten a decent line of credit when I didn't need
it. Makes me think of the song my paryents used to sing: "When you
got it, you don't need it. When you need it, you don't got it. Funny,
funny, funny what money can do."
So really there is nothing stopping me except myself.


One of the "chasers" who is working on the "Family" put the Kneeling Kid on the Dog while he was working on one of the other pieces. I thought it looked funny.


Doing the patina on the Mermaid Door Knocker. The fishy part of the mermaid where she is greenish is covered up with aluminum foil so that the chemicals for the flesh part don't ruin it.

I didn't make this thinking it would be a door knocker, but once it was cast in bronze it naturally hung from the round arms so it obviously wanted to be a knocker so I made the "knockee" part out of wax and had that cast.

It is a wonderful experience to to have a professional fine art bronze casting foundry at your beck and call for a couple of months. Peter Woytuk showed me how to use it be example. Many thank Peter.

Now I've just got to figure out how to fund ding some big pieces.....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey Jay ... I have enjoyed perusing this chronicle of your new work. I LIKE it LOTS. Come home soon to the land of having to wear a sweatshirt after 5 PM to keep warm.

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...