Thursday Evening Ride in the Rain

I could see on the Nexrad Radar that rain was coming, but what the heck, can't let that stop me. So I got into my riding duds and took off. First I went to the Wequobsque cliffs beyond my house. They are the highest on the Island.
From Drop Box

I doubt you can make it out in the photo but there is a red tail hawk in the trees at the top of the cliff. He's got quite a view.

When I rode down to Menemsha there was almost no one there. Quite a change from the usual Menemsha Sunset Crowd.
From Drop Box


Well I wasn't about to miss a fun ride just because of a little rain so after riding through Menemsha Hills I headed up to Peaked Hill which is the highest point on the island. There a still a lot of blue berries to provide a nice snack.

From Drop Box

Unfortunately there are some people who don't seem to value our shared public spaces. Knowing how trash attracts more trash, I picked it up and put it in my backpack for the ride home. It's my property, after all, as well as yours.

From Drop Box

No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...