Lazy Sunday in my local Bangkok Neighborhood

  
By 4PM the sun is low enough in the sky that it is pleasant to take a walk.


Some of my neighbors





One thing I like about this neighborhood is that the people who live along the canal love plants.   If you leave your pickup truck parked long enough it seems like the bed will attract them.  To walk over to a local coffee shop I had to cross the small canal that flows by my hotel.    






I had an iced cappuccino.  


Then I went looking for a place that I had seen that had some nice local pants that I have a feeling my grand children might like to have as a little present from this trip to Thailand.   But there is not much point in giving a present that is not something that the kids wouldn't want wear.  So I took a bunch of pictures so the they could see if there is anything that they might want to try.



These are the pants that first caught my eye a few days ago.  I immediately pictured El and Wren running around in them.  The look so comfortable and the fabric is smooth and feels nice.   Elephants are a big deal in Thailand, all tied up in it's history and culture.

As you can see the bottoms of the legs have elastic sewed into them so they don't drag on the ground.

This is a different style without the elastic on the bottom of the legs


They also come in a variety of colors.
All the pants also have a pocket that is deep enough for my plus sized iPhone



Lady also has a bunch of warm weather tops






In the back of the store she also had solid color pants made out of a thicker material that I'm thinking of getting for myself.  Forgot to take pictures of them.




On the way home the sky clouded up and almost looked like it might rain.  Just wishful thinking as I don't think the dry season is over for several more weeks.





This is the "Family" restaurant where I have dinner pretty much every night I stay around here.   The food is very good and I like being treated like a regular.  They have pretty good wifi so I was able to write up this blog post while I ate Spring Roll and Panang Curry with pork.   Topped off with  a mango smoothie.  What's not to like!



No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...