Flying Around the World, and Unexpected stop in Vienna

    If you end up with lemons you might as well makes some lemonade.

    My flight from Bangkok to Vienna was delayed because of a traffic jam on the runway in Taipei where it originated.  So I missed my connection to Frankfurt so no getting on the scheduled plane to Boston.  When we landed in Vienna they were able to reschedule me for a flight that would arrive in Boston only a few hours latter, but too late for me to catch the last ferry to the Vineyard.  Bummer!  I got the airline to agree they would have to pay for a hotel in Boston, but then I started thinking...  If they are going to pay for my hotel, why not stay in Vienna, where I have never been, see the sights, relax and get a good night's sleep and break the marathon trip from Bangkok into two easy pieces.  So they checked me into an airport hotel and I took the train into Vienna where I walked around and ended up at the modern art museum.


There were all sorts of profound works (ask Nick about all the hidden meanings in them).


After realizing once again that there is no chance of me being a real artist since I can't help but try to make works that are graceful, beautiful, or just plain fun without  without reading expert opinion about how deep and profound it is.



After a good dinner in the museum restaurant surrounded by hip 30 somethings, all smoking, I managed to find my way back to my hotel and get a good nights sleep.

There was enough meat to make a dozen Thai dishes.

    Look forward to getting home.

Jay

--   Jay Lagemann    www.jaylagemann.com  http://jaylagemann.blogspot.com/  http://www.facebook.com/artistjaylagemann  http://www.facebook.com/WildIslandSculptureGarden

No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...