Fixing the flat tire on the trailer - more maintainance.

I was feeling pretty good about this. I had a spare trailer tire and rim. The old Jay (me when I was quite a bit younger) would never have had a spare, because the trailer didn't come with one and why get one if you might never need it. But a few years ago I forgot to balance a load of gravel and blew out a tire. So the trailer sat by the side of South Road for 4 days while I waited for a new rim with tire to arrive. A couple of weeks later I realized that life would be a lot easier if I had a spare, so I ordered one.
Sure enough it did make life easier and less stressful. I like that.
I'm using the trailer to haul the wood back to my house. There is a lot of handling with wood. Cut it, split it, put it in the trailer, take it out of the trailer and into the wheel barrow, dump the wheelbarrow into the poolspace, stack the wood to dry, and then later bring it inside the house to the wood rack and then finally putting it into the wood stove. Even then you're not done: eventually you've got to dump the ashes (which go to the compost pile by the garden). It is a good thing that I have decided to enjoy not just the warmth of the wood stove, but also everything that goes along with it. A key thing is not to try and do too much at once. When you are over 60 taking many breaks is a good and smart thing to do, especially when you are doing things that you haven't done in while.

No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...