Reading Dogs Like to Travel and make Friends



This was about a week ago
  




This was today


This is the original Reading dog.  His surface is Silpro, a special cement,  over foam and a steel armature.  A few years ago I chopped him up into seven pieces which I stuffed into a suitcase and and we flew to Thailand and I had him cloned.

Then I stuffed him back in the suitcase and flew home.  After I put him back together he was back in my sculpture garden, but he likes to travel so he hitched a ride down to the Academy Art Museum.  While their he convinced a nice couple to adopt one of his clones.


The bronze Reading Dog #1 at his new home.

The bronze Reading Dog #2 met his new owners while hanging out at the Field Gallery in West Tisbury.  Now he is hanging out on the north shore of Long Island.
The Black Dog enjoys company while he reads.  What a nice place to read some poetry.



There is also a stainless steel Reading Dog #1.   After hanging around in my sculpture garden for a year he took a trip to spend the summer at the Peabody Essex Library in Danvers, MA.




He is a very friendly Dog.  Pretty soon he made so many friends, especially with the kids using the wonderful Children's Reading room.  So they decided they would like to adopt him.  Now it is just a question of raising some money.  I've offered to help, of course.  I love it when my dogs find a great new home.

Looks like I'll have to go back to Thailand this winter and bring back some more Dogs.  The Dogs are a limited edition of 12 bronze and 12 stainless, with a couple of APs for the artist and his family.

Jay


No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...