Beverly Hills or Bust - a Sculpture Road Trip Day 2 - Picking up the cast stainless steel Swinging Jenny


Arrived at the foundry  http://www.thinksculpture.com/
Doing the final touch up work.  In the foreground is the original Swinging Jenny. You can see where it was cut into pieces to make the molds.



 I will say I do like the look of the stainless steel.

 Securing the Swinging Jenny to its base.  Two 3/4" stainless steel threaded rods go up into the man's feet.  I always like to have three or more attachment points because a tripod is stable. 

 The Metal Men and the Artist.

 
Loaded up, tied down, and ready to roll.



We celebrated being on the road with a good meal.  I didn't manage to eat half of the stake.  We decided to drive on through the night and get some miles under our belts.

Off into the night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look out, Jay, for those underpasses!
What an adventure...stay safe on the roads!
Bob R.

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...