Ride through Sepiessa and Long Point Land Bank Properties

October 6, 2009

I took seven sheep back to Allen Whiting this afternoon. Since my bike was in the back of the car I drove to the Sepiessa Martha's Vineyard Land Bank property. Hopping on my bike I'm in a beautiful space.  The upper reaches of the coves are very peaceful and intimate.


From Drop Box
When you get to the end of the point every opens up.

From Drop Box
I wasn't the only one out there. I quickly made a couple of friends.



From Drop Box
Then it was back down the trails and back dirt roads to Long Point Wildlife Refuge. The frost bottom is the upper reaches of the cove on the western edge of the refuge.


From Drop Box
To the east the beach was empty as far as the eye could see.





 
From the west four wise people appeared.



There were some elves living in the holes in the trees.



 Check out the swan and her four signets swimming on the far side of the cove.
Earlier I saw a small hawk with pointed wings.  I wish I was better at knowing my birds, but still too lazy to put in the time.  Maybe next year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Sculpture Garden Party this Saturday, August 12, 4-7pm All are Welcome.

 I am having an open studio at my sculpture garden on Saturday August 12 from 4 to 7. The address is 18 Wequobsque Road in Chilmark. Turn l...